Purpose and Goals of the Service:
- To provide services to clients who are unable to attend a day program due to circumstances determined by the client’s ID team.
- To enable a client with developmental disabilities to participate in different activities that will be designed around their abilities.
Client Outcomes: Allowing clients to attend and participate in activities suited to their abilities and needs, enhancing their quality of life in the least restrictive environment.
Service Areas: Alameda and Contra Costa Counties.
Service Hours: Hours are flexible within daytime hours, dependent on the client’s needs. Although the hours are flexible, the hours should not be used as needed or an on-call basis, as this can create unavailability for last minute scheduling.
Clients may qualify to receive services for up to 30 hours per week, with a maximum of 6 hours per day.
The H.A.T.C.H. Socialization Program provides services that focus on specific goals for each client. These goals may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Self-Esteem (our #1 goal for all clients)
- Independent Living and Self-Help skills- responsibility, hygiene, money skills
- Survival skills and Safety awareness- what to do in case of an emergency, practicing and/or developing a system of identification tailored to the client’s abilities
- Positive Behavior Support- consistently following behavioral plans designed by a licensed behaviorist
- Socialization skills- sharing, taking turns, communication skills, eye contact, body space, and additional areas to meet individual needs.
- Community Involvement and Integration
- Verbal and Non-Verbal Communication, as per client’s needs and abilities
- Physical Exercise- assist with developing healthy routines and focus on areas of personal need and abilities
- Activities that focus on mental, sensory, visual and auditory stimulation
Sample of Direct Care Staff weekly schedule:
Mon: Tues: Weds:
11 AM – 5 PM, 10 AM – 4 PM, 12 PM – 6 PM – Although the hours are flexible, the hours should not be used only as needed or an on-call basis as this can create unavailability for last minute scheduling.
Service Locations: In the client’s residence and community according to the client’s abilities.
Client Age Group: 18 years and older
Staffing Ratio: 1:1